I know what you’re thinking…chickpeas???
Chickpeas…great for making hummus, but used for making chocolate chip cookies???
These cookies are so chocolatey and chewy you’ll never know they were made with chickpeas, I promise!
I’ll be honest, even I was skeptical of using a whole cup and a half of chickpeas in this recipe! These chickpea cookies are loaded with folic acid, fiber, iron, zinc, copper, manganese and protein…you can’t say that for your standard chocolate chip cookie that uses butter, white sugar and white flour as the base! Plus, they are gluten free, vegan and grain free!
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- ½ cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup vegan mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend for a few minutes or until well combined. Cookie dough should smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Depending on how much cookie dough you eat…this recipe makes ~22-24 cookies.
Go ahead, its monday…treat yourself
These were so goos, thanks.
as always…thanks mom
I cant wait to make these for Spencer and Jonah. They sound so good.
Thanks Ashley! I hope they like them
I poured the mix into a pie plate and made one giant cookie. Served sliced with vanilla frozen yogurt and it was delicious. I didn’t have chickpeas so I used white kidney beans and they worked out great too.
I like the way you think! Thank you for sharing, I’m glad to hear white kidney beans work well too
Hello, I’ve been making these delicious cookies and they are so yummy! Thankyou so much for the recipe. I have a quick question is 1 cookie 95 calories? I need to log in my calories on my myfitnesspal acct and wanted to know. I actually made 28 cookies per batch..
I’m so happy to hear you like them! They are a favorite of ours as well! If you are making smaller cookies and getting 28 per batch, they will be around 75 calories per cookie! Hope this helps
Pingback: fudge walnut brownies ~vegan, gluten free~ - BeginWithin Nutrition