A nutritious breakfast is a great way to set the pace for a healthy day of eating! Studies show that people who eat breakfast tend to weigh less because they are less likely to overeat later in the day. Breakfast is a great way to keep you fueled up and energized!
It’s been argued whether one should eat breakfast upon waking even if they are not hungry. Breakfast “breaks” the “fast” from sleeping and revs up your metabolism. However, your body needs the “fast” while you sleep so try to refrain from late night munching!
Try out these ideas to start your morning off right!
Top 10 Breakfast Ideas
1. Banana with nut butter, hemp seeds and cacao nibs (raw cashew butter used in photo below)
2. Scrambled eggs with asparagus, tomatoes and goat cheese
3. Sprouted bread or gluten free bread toasted and topped with avocado, hemp seeds and sea salt
4. Overnight Oats
5. Wilted Greens with brown rice and toasted sesame oil (sounds weird but don’t knock it until you try it!)
6. Cooked quinoa warmed with milk of your choice and topped with dried fruit, slivered almonds and dash of cinnamon
7. Smoothies or Green Juice
8. Strawberry Parfaits – Plain or coconut yogurt layered with fresh strawberries, ground flax seeds and low-sugar granola
9. Miso Soup – Great on cold mornings!
10. Almonds and a piece of fruit