Flourless Chickpea Pumpkin Blondies
Seriously, trust me on this one!
Using chickpeas in place of flour makes for a healthy and delicious dessert…I promise
I make my chickpea chocolate chip cookie recipe all the time, everyone loves them! They are great for both vegans and gluten-free diets. I thought I’d mix it up for the fall and add in pumpkin and spice. I’m glad I did, they were a score. We’re going on batch number 3 of these in my house! The pumpkin inspiration came from Keeping it Kind.
A blender and only one bowl is needed to create these protein packed powerhouse blondies! They make a great dessert, but can also be an energizing snack! The fiber and protein hold you over until the next meal. I’m not ashamed to say I even eat them for breakfast! At 140 calories, 4 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber each, why not?!?
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (~1.5 cups)
- 1 can pumpkin
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add chickpeas to blender or food processor, pulse until chickpeas are broken down. Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread dough into pan and cook for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Have a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving!