Avocado and Edamame Zucchini Noodles, a light and refreshing meal in under 10 minutes!
We made a variation of this meal a few weeks back for dinner, which sparked the idea for this recipe. The original recipe included spiraled zucchini and garlic lightly cooked in olive oil. However, we served it over cooked pasta. It tasted great, but was heavy on carbs. Instead, this version uses zucchini as the pasta and includes edamame and avocado to make it a well rounded meal.
I’ve said before that I’m not a huge fan of zucchini, but something about the fun spiralized shape makes it taste different! I’m also in a stage of pregnancy where I can’t get enough raw vegetables! A meal that serves up a whole bowl of fresh veggies is ok with me! Strange how these pregnancy cravings work, one day it’s muffins and the next it’s lemons and zucchini!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchinis, spiral cut
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup edamame, steamed
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan over low heat add olive oil and garlic, sauté until fragrant.
- In a large bowl add zucchini noodles, lemon juice, edamame, avocado and basil leaves. Add olive oil and garlic, sea salt and pepper and toss to coat. Top with hemp seeds and enjoy!
Perfect for a Meatless Monday meal!