Remember that crock pot apple butter recipe from a few weeks ago? I blended it with almond butter to make these mega Almond Apple Butter Cups!
Apple butter, almond butter and dark chocolate make a heavenly combination! Think of it as a seasonal switch from your standard almond butter cup! This recipe makes a little more filling than needed, but it makes an amazing breakfast! Spread the apple almond butter on toast with a dash of cinnamon…delicious!
~Use sunbutter, peanut butter or cashew butter in place of almond butter
~Use pumpkin butter in place of apple butter for a pumpkin spice version
~Add a dollop of vegan date salted caramel sauce
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup apple butter (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 bag vegan dark chocolate chips
- pinch sea salt
- Place 6 paper liners in a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together almond butter and apple butter.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Spoon a small amount of melted chocolate into the bottom of each liner, ~1/4 inch thick. Give the muffin tin a gentle shake to flatten out chocolate. Place into freezer for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Remove from freezer and scoop a generous tablespoon of the apple almond butter and drop into the middle of each cup. Cover with remaining chocolate. Add a small pinch of sea salt to each.
- Place back until freezer or refrigerator until chocolate has set.
- Store in the refrigerator.