We are taking taco Tuesday to a new level this week with Curry Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos drizzled with a lemon tahini sauce!
At the beginning of the summer we went to Noah’s friend’s birthday party where they served the most amazing cauliflower tacos! This lucky little boy has a professional chef as a daddy! He even made the tortillas! So good! I’ve seriously been craving them ever since! These come nowhere close to the flavor of his, but they will suffice for now!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (~1.5 cups)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- sea salt to taste
- 6 small soft tortillas
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cumin,
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Cut cauliflower into small florets, wash and pat dry. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes. Add paprika, curry powder and cumin, sauté until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, toss to coat and sauté 3-5 minutes. Add water and scrape burnt pieces off bottom of skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add chickpeas, fresh cilantro and sauté until chickpeas are warmed and cauliflower is tender crisp. Season with sea salt as desired.
- Whisk all ingredients together or pulse in a blender until well combined and frothy.
Use the biggest skillet you have as you want the cauliflower to evenly sauté. For a gluten free option use corn or rice tortillas. Left over cauliflower/chickpeas can be served on top of basmati rice or a salad for lunch the next day!
This would make a simple and quick weeknight meal and would also be a great dish to serve for a crowd! You can serve with a lemon wedge and sliced avocado in addition to the red cabbage and fresh cilantro. The lemon tahini sauce is optional, but totally recommended!