hi there, happy friday!
I was inspired by the kick off of “carrot cake” season and came up with this guilt free, sweet treat just in time for Easter. It’s a super simple recipe that is sure to satisfy that hankering for carrot cake without the added sugar and fat.
2/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
6 pitted dates
2 carrots shredded
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 tablespoon raw honey
pinch sea salt
4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1. Put almonds in a food processor and blend until a light, fluffy flour is formed. Remove.
2. Blend coconut and dates until smooth.
3. Add the almond flour back into the blender and add carrots, spices, honey and a pinch of sea salt. Blend until combined.
4. Slowly add the melted coconut oil and blend until a gooey paste is formed.
5. Remove the “dough” from the food processor and roll into bite-sized balls.
6. Chill for an hour and enjoy!
~Store in the refrigerator or freezer~