In search of a simple-to-make yet delicious mid-week meal? Thai Tofu Pizza slathered with a flavorful peanut sauce, an abundance of veggies and baked tofu is just the meal for you!
super crunched on time this week lazy and used store-bought whole wheat dough. But, if you’re feeling adventurous and motivated to make your own dough try these recipes:
I also used pre-made baked tofu from Whole Foods to save time and energy!
Confession: Gloomy february days leave me with little motivation and being pregnant isn’t helping! Luckily the whole family is on board we’ve been spending these snowy days in bed watching movies and snacking on crackers together. Easy-to-make meals are essential in times like these!
- For the Peanut Sauce:
- ½ cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅔ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- For the Pizza:
- 1 whole wheat pizza dough
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienne sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. baked tofu, cubed
- 3 scallions, chopped
- For Peanut Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan over low heat whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, brown sugar and red curry paste until well combined and creamy. Add sea salt if desired.
- For the Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten pizza dough on a lightly oiled cookie sheet or pizza stone. Evenly spread desired amount of peanut sauce onto dough. Add red peppers, carrots, red onions and baked tofu. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is cooked through and golden. Remove from oven and top with chopped scallions. Enjoy!
Serve with a side salad and dinner is on the table within 30 minutes!
Little effort without sacrificing taste!