Coffee creamer without the cream!
Instead of buying coffee creamer, make your own in two seconds flat! Ok…maybe a little more than that, but not much!
Most of the non-dairy creamers found in grocery stores are a toxic soup of ingredients. Although they claim to be non-dairy, many are made with dairy derivatives and a whole laundry list of chemicals.
Here is an example:
Water, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Palm Oil, Contains 2% Or Less of Each of The Following: Sodium Caseinate* (A Milk Derivative), Dipotassium Phosphate, , Natural and Artificial Flavors, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Carrageenan, Salt.
This recipe calls for 4 ingredients. 4, that’s it!
I mixed pure vanilla and almond extract to create an amaretto flavor, but use whatever suits your taste buds! Peppermint, raspberry, plain Jane vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate, pumpkin, chai spice, hazelnut, coconut….
There are endless possibilities for flavor combinations!
- 1 can whole coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- ¼ cup sweetener (maple syrup or agave)
- 2 tablespoons flavoring (1 tablespoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon almond extract)
- Blend all ingredients together until frothy.
- Store in an air-tight container and keep in the refrigerator, enjoy up to 1 week!
I will be running the Old Port Half Marathon on Sunday, wish me luck! It will be my first time visiting Portland, Maine. If anyone has recommendations on restaurants, shops and sites please share