Two of my favorite superfoods, sweet potatoes and raw cacao whipped together to make a delicious treat!
This one passed by all my testers, young and old!
Not only does this scrumptious dessert satisfy a sweet tooth, it will leave your skin glowing! Both sweet potatoes and raw cacao are two of the best foods you can consume for radiant skin!
Sweet Potatoes are high in vitamin A, which is the same nutrient used in those pricey anti-aging retinol creams. When you consume foods high in vitamin A your body has a more rapid cell turn-over, essentially replenishing your skin from the inside out. A diet high in vitamin A promotes a brighter complexion and may help with acne prone skin.
Raw Cacao contains many vitamins and minerals, most importantly zinc, iron, copper, chromium and magnesium all of which are important for skin health. However, the high levels of antioxidants is what make this a super skin saver! The antioxidants in raw cacao fight free radicals and repair damaged skin…say so long to age spots!
- 2 sweet potatoes (previously baked and chilled)
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- raw cacao nibs and mint for garnish (optional)
- Peel the skins off of the baked sweet potatoes and discard.
- Add flesh of the sweet potatoes, raw cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt to a food processor.
- Whip until light and fluffy.
- Garnish with cacao nibs and fresh mint.
New to baking sweet potatoes? Click here for a tutorial.
Happy Friday Y’all!!!