A healthy addition to any appetizer spread or a no-guilt way to satisfy a snack attack!
Crispy baked cauliflower bites dunked into a spicy almond dip…
The original recipe for the sauce is found here…I just made a few minor changes! We make this sauce a lot! It’s great for dipping veggie sticks or to add a kick to a tofu scramble or chickpea tacos! The raw almonds mimics that of a cream based dressing…without the saturated fat!
This recipe uses nutritional yeast, which lends a cheesy flavor. Not to be confused with baking yeast or brewers yeast, nutritional yeast is not a living organism. However, nutritional yeast is grown from the same fungus as brewers yeast (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae). Nutritional yeast feeds on molasses whereas brewers yeast feeds on the grains used to make beer . Nutritional yeast is a vegan’s dream come true as it contains B-complex vitamins, all essential amino acids and magnesium, which are important for treating depression and fatigue! It can be sprinkled on popcorn, avocado toast, hummus wraps or salads for an added nutritional boost!
Cauliflower florets are baked on 400 degrees until crispy (around 30 minutes), make sure to flip once and keep your eye on the oven because they can go from crispy to burnt in seconds!
- For the Sauce:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Bragg's amino acids
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- For the Baked Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- paprika and sea salt to taste
- For the Sauce:
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and puree until creamy.
- For the Cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized florets, rinse and drain. Don't pat dry, you want a little moisture left on the florets!
- Evenly spread onto lined baking sheet and dust with paprika and sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes, flip once and return to oven. Bake for another 15 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy. (Keep a close eye on them as oven temps vary. You may need to broil for a few minutes for added crunch!)
- Serve warm and enjoy!